2/14/09

The Wrong Train

So, one day I was on my way to a casting for an event for the premiere of Idlewild, and I was supposed to be in Harlem at a certain time that day. Well....somehow I took the wrong subway and ended up on my way to Queens (??). So, in order to not lose my complete sanity (anyone that's ridden a subway in NY, knows that all you can do is just wait for the next stop and not scream), I started writing and this is what I came up with....

Sometimes I think I might be on the wrong train.
It's had its equal shares of joys and pains but
At times I feel like the rain has surpassed an amount that is fair.
Dare I complain when my train keeps trucking along, while other peoples' songs have been cut short?
But I'm human and my sometimes ain't always, so I'll take this day to rant.
I'm always thankful but ignore the truth? I can't.

I had a plan in hand for the land I was about to explore.
I didn't sign up for what I've endured.
It had too many unbeaten trails I wasn't ready for.
Unfamiliar streets
So many occasions I wanted to retreat back to what was comfortable - ready to accept defeat.
But my Conductor Knight-Rided, auto-piloted so He could come talk to me.
Filled my tank full of faith I was gettin' low on
Gave me strength to go on
So I relaxed, tried to enjoy the ride, took it in stride, occupied myself
Played with the cards I was dealt

And I'm wondering what kind of game I'm playing
I can't play Poker, see I've been told I'm one of a kind
So I Go Fish but I hate wishing for a match
So I'm yelling Uno to a crowded car of people that ain't playin' with a full deck
Solitaire must be my best bet, I guess, what's left??
Just my mental space filled to capacity with loneliness.
The audacity of these temporary riders, liars leading me to believe they're strapped in 'til the final stop.

With their questionable motives, hoping to get me off track
Trying to vote me off my island but I swam back.
Inducing pollution so that my only solution is evolution
Resolution can't be one-ended, so keep it movin' is my conclusion.

This track's had so many curves and turns that I can't learn the route before it switches up on me.
I think my Conductor was testing me, making sure the bumps didn't get the best of me
Investing values in me that I can handle anything
And with Him I can.
One split moment I looked past my Conductor and swore I saw a brick wall
Guess it ain't for me to see it all
This train has moved so fast the the tracks got laid down in just enough time to avoid a crash.
See even when my mind's eye is blind, my Conductor guides my path.
He lifts any unneeded weight I can't take, gets the negative freight off my train.
Cargo detrimental to my journey so that only positivity remained

Making me think that perhaps this track's for me
I can't foresee the end, for He holds the schedule
Allowing light at the ends of my tunnels, so I'll stay hopeful.
That this isn't the wrong train, maybe just the wrong frame of mind
There will be lessons lived and learned - Reasons will come in due time.
And so will the wisdom - this moment of clarity is important.
Illuminating my path to those who are supportive - I won't force it.

The sun won't always shine through my window, but I've been equipped to adjust.
So I'll sit back and hold tight because in Him, I trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment